BVCAP provides housing to qualified tenants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, familial status, or disability. BVCAP does not discriminate on the basis of disability status in the admission, access to, treatment, or employment in, its federally assisted programs and activities. BVCAP staffs seek to process all applicants in a fair and consistent manner.
The BVCAP Affordable Housing Program has rental properties for income eligible applicants who qualify and meet the guidelines provided to us through The City of College Station and The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
The program’s goal is to provide quality and affordable rental units for eligible applicants.
Eligibility for the program is first determined by the household’s income. Once the household has been deemed eligible, then they are placed on a waiting list. A staff member will contact applicants when units become available.
Requirements of a Qualified Tenant:
- Primary applicants must be of legal age to enter into a legal contract, 18 years or older
- All applicants are required to submit evidence of citizenship or eligible immigration status
- Minimum household income must be at least 30% of the area median income (AMI)
- Client income must meet one of the 2 categories;
- Be above 30% and below 60% of the area median income (AMI)
- Be above 30% and below 80% of the area median income (AMI)
- Household members must pass a criminal background check including:
- No history of sexual abuse
- No history of violent crime
- No history of domestic violence
- No pending charges or open warrants
- No other conviction within the last 3 years
- Students must have established a household and filed a separate tax return from parents or legal guardians for at least one year prior to application
- All applicants must provide 2 positive landlord references. If landlord references are not available, 3 positive personal references or 1 positive landlord reference and 2 personal references are required
- Tenants must meet and agree to all program terms and policies.